In the last couple weeks we’ve had a couple questions about handicap accessible areas for fishing the Maumee River Walleye Fishing. I have been able to open the discussion with the Toledo Metroparks on this topic. Additionally they are very open to making this more accessible so leave some comments right here if you have ideas. I’m happy to communicate any ideas & concepts to the Toledo Metroparks.
If you need handicap accessible location for the walleye run check out this information right here.
- Maple Street Access: One of the best locations for easy access is the Maple Street Access.
- Farnsworth Park: This is farther upstream but the walleye push into these sections. There are docks put towards the end of the walleye run.
- Riverview Path and Towpath: The entire path the runs along the river really has some outstanding fishing. Someone in a wheelchair would likely need some assistance getting through the grass along that pathway.
- Ford Street: There is a cement culvert about 100 yards downstream from the Ford Street access. This is right on the Riverview Path but would allow good fishing and easy access from a wheelchair.
- Boat Access: Boat access is likely the most comfortable way for a handicap to fish. The Toledo Metroparks do not provide boats therefore this would need to be done through a private person/organization